Monday, May 2, 2011

90th birthday celbration

A few friends from my grammer school days and I met in Galena, IL at Chianti's restaurant. A very quaint and charming Italian restaurant across from the Kane County courthouse. We were celebrating our favorite 6th grade teacher's  90th birthday. There is always that one special teacher that we remember all our lives and Mrs. Mary Jane Polka is just that teacher. For me she was not only my teacher but an adult friend that I needed at that time of my life. She only lived about 5 blocks from me and I would ride my bike over to her house after school and we would sit and talk. When she had her 1st baby, I was thrilled to go over and help her with the baby so she would cook or clean the house. I had not seen her until 2 years ago when our class had our 50th class reunion from grammer school. What fun to see old friends and share our lives now.


Carolyn, Mrs. Polka, Kathy
Me, Diane and Marge


This was at the reunin in June 2009
Class of 1959 Thomas A. Edison Elementry School.

No comments: